- Define and operationalize concepts specific to policing.
- Describe the history, structures and purpose of policing in the United States
- Discuss the role of police in the administration of justice in contemporary U.S. society.
- Review the Lectures and Key Terms for
- Complete the BlackBoard Quizzes for lectures and Key Terms Sec 4.1 – 4.5
- Read Policing (Sec 6.1 – 6.7)
- Complete the Police Misconduct, Accountability, and Corruption Critical ThInking Questions Exercise*
- Watch A Conversation on the Constitution with Justice Sandra Day O’Connor: Search and Seizure(17 min)***
- Watch Right to Remain Silent: Miranda v. Arizona (25min)***
- Read Policing Current Issues (Sec 6.8 – 6.14):
- Write a reflection on the “Stereotyping or Terry Stop” Example*
- Write a reflection on the When an Officer Does Something Illegal Example*
- Complete the Police Body Cameras: What Do You See Exercise*
*Introduction to the American Criminal Justice System: Open Oregon Educational Resources
**Criminal Justice: An Overview of the System: Adam McKee