- Define and operationalize crime in the United States
- Classify offenses and articulate penalties for various crimes.
- Identify and describe culpable mental states when assigning criminal responsibility.
- Review the Lectures and Key Terms for**
- Complete the BlackBoard Quizzes for lectures and Key Terms Sec 3.1 – 3.3 & 3.5
- Read Crime, Criminal Justice, and Criminology (1.12 – 1.13)*
- Read: Criminal Law (3.2 – 3.4;3.6&3.12)*
- Complete the Criminal Law Critical Thinking Questions Exercise (Questions # 1, #2 & #3)*
- Review the Introduction to Criminal Law Summary***
- Complete the You be the Lawyer Exercise***
*Introduction to the American Criminal Justice System: Open Oregon Educational Resources
**Criminal Justice: An Overview of the System: Adam McKee
***Criminal Law by University of Minnesota textbook – Includes Key takeaways, exercises and references.